Dr Dejan Dragisic
Specialist in Oral Surgery
GDC No. 100498
Specialist in Oral Surgery
Dejan is a highly respected and well-liked oral surgeon and a Fellow of the International Team of Implantology (ITI).
Special Interest in:
The multi-disciplinary and holistic approach Dejan adopts in his work stems from his training at the University of Witten/Herdecke in Germany, where he received his degree and additional 4-year postgraduate specialist training in Oral Surgery and Implantology. He went on to complete a Doctorate in Oral Medicine and is truly an expert in his field, having produced a number of publications and delivered lectures on his specialism.
He relocated to London in 2005, and has had extensive experience in both corporate and private dental practices since, as well as at the Oral Medicine Unit at the Eastman Dental Hospital (UCLH).
As an oral surgeon, Dejan’s clinical expertise includes the full range of dento-alveolar surgery, like extractions of impacted wisdom teeth in complex cases, usually but not necessarily on a referral basis from a general dentist. Implant therapy, along with bone augmentation, such as sinus lifts and soft tissue rehabilitation is an important aspect of this Speciality.
Dejan works in collaboration with General Dental Practitioners, Orthodontists, Prosthodontists and Periodontists. He acts as a mentor for the Straumann Clinical Mentoring scheme and thereby is able to pass on his expertise to those training to be implant surgeons.
As a perfectionist, he combines absolute professionalism with genuine warmth and informality, ensuring that even the most anxious patient is made to feel relaxed and reassured.
Languages: English, German and Serbian
Back to Team Dentists and Specialists
Nurses and Hygienists
Management and Receptionists
Dental Technician Team
Dr Dragisic’s professional experience
- 1994 - 1996: Studying art at the Ludwig-Maximilian-University of Munich, Germany
- 1999 - 2000: Studying medicine at the University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany
- 1996 - 2001: Studying Dentistry and “Studium Fundamentale” at the University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany
- 2001: Graduation with a First Class Honours Degree, Germany
- 2005: Final exam for the Specialty Qualification in Oral Surgery, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2005 - 2005: Position as an Oral Surgeon in the Private Dental Practice Avgerinos,Oberhausen, Germany
- 2005: Full time postgraduate training in Oral Surgery at the Department of Oral Surgery and Outpatient Clinic of the Faculty of Dental, Oral and Maxillary Medicine, University of Witten/Herdecke, Germany
- 2005 - 2009: Position as a Specialist for Oral Surgery and Implantologist at Optical Express / The Dental Clinic in London, UK
- 2006 - 2008: Clinical Assistant at the Department for Oral Medicine, Eastman Dental Hospital, UCLH, London, UK
- 2008 - 2014: Position as a Specialist in Oral Surgery and Implantologist at Swiss Smile Dental Clinics, London, UK
- 2010 - 2014: Clinical Director at Swiss Smile Dental Clinics, London, UK
- 2014 - 2015: Specialist Clinic for Oral Surgery, London, UK
- 2015 - 2019: Founder and Director of D-Clinic (now Wimpole Street Dental Clinic)
- 2019 - now: Referral practice for Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic, Wimpole Street, W1S 8YL, London, UK
- 2002: Assistant Lecturer for the preparatory Course
- 2002 - 2005: Assistant Lecturer for the Integrated Clinical Course, University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany
- 2002 - 2007: Scientific Assistant at the Dental Faculty, University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany
- 2002 - 2007: Assistant Lecturer for Oral Surgery & Radiology, University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany
- 2003 - 2007: Member of the DGI (German Society of Implantology)
- 2005 - now: Fellow of the ITI (International Team for Implantology)
- 2007 - 2008: Member of the Royal Society of Medicine, London
- 2007 - 2010: Member of the ADI (Association for Dental Implantology)
- 2010 - 2014: Appointed ITI Study Club Director, London, UK
Publications Dr. Dragisic
- Jackowski, J., Dragisic, D., Arnold, G., Dirschka, T. (2005) Primary Oral Sarcoidosis Preceding Lofgren’s Syndrome. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 100:183-5
- Dragisic, D. (2012) Replacement of Five Teeth with a Fixed Dental Prosthesis on BoneLevel Implants. In: Wittneben, J., Weber, HP ITI Treatment Guide, Vol 6: Extended edentulous space in the anterior zone. Berlin: Quintessence; 2012: 168-177