Whether individual teeth are missing or the whole mouth has been cleared, thanks to modern implantology and implant prosthetics we can still anchor the denture safely. As a certified London dental clinic with special focus on implantology we offer you a comprehensive range of implant supported restorations.
What are implant-supported restorations?
Implant-supported restorations with crowns, bridges and dentures are usually recommended if some or many teeth are missing or if no teeth remain at all leaving the jawbone and gum line without the necessary support needed to anchor the new prosthesis safely within the mouth. At Wimpole Street Dental Clinic, since our founding, we have dedicated our time, our team and our resources to develop a special focus on modern implantology and the creation of implant prosthetics plus tooth restorations (prosthodontics) so as to offer our patients a full range of ultramodern replacement teeth choices.
If you decide to proceed with an implant-supported dental crown, bridge or denture, know that they can perfectly resolve all sizes of tooth gaps without the need to damage the neighbouring, healthy and otherwise unaffected natural teeth. This is because your chosen prosthetic rests on the implants and not on your teeth. This is in contrast to the procedure used during conventional prosthodontics treatments which necessitate a level of preparation (grinding) of the teeth to create the shape and form needed to mount the prosthetic tooth restoration.
The use of dental implants themselves as artificial roots or foundations to support your new artificial teeth mean that your jawbone does not decrease in size or volume during the preparation for this procedure or during the treatment itself. Rest assured, in terms of the aesthetic results we can achieve with implant-supported restorations, that the final prosthetic is virtually indistinguishable from your remaining natural teeth in terms of their high-quality cosmetic appearance and how they feel to you within your mouth as you prepare to smile once again with renewed confidence.
Who is suitable for implant-supported restorations?
Patients who have experienced significant tooth loss plus reduced jawbone strength and volume may need to consider the use of implant supported restorations to secure their chosen dental prosthetic (in conjunction with the use of bone augmentation, if required) which would serve to replace their missing teeth and so close the tooth gap.
Patients suffering from loose dentures due to receding gum tissue, may also benefit from this technique. Such patients may be considered suitable for the use of implant supported restorations upon their dentist’s recommendation after a comprehensive assessment during initial consultation at our London practice.
How do modern implant restorations work?
Experts in the field of implant supported restorations
What happens during implant-supported restorations?
Here is a guide to implant supported restoration techniques currently available at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic:
- All of our treatments start with a thorough examination and consultation here at Wimpole Street, London. Your dentist will ask about your general and dental health, oral hygiene routine, your lifestyle (e.g. do you smoke, what do you eat?) and then inspect your mouth and teeth. This allows him/her to assess your suitability for dental implants and also provides you a chance to ask any questions about the treatment plan.
- After consultation at our recently refurbished clinic, if recommended by your dentist and with your consent to proceed, we can perform a modern implant supported restoration for you at appointment. Your dentist will talk you through the entire procedure beforehand and explain the advantages and disadvantages of the treatment. Your consultation is a great opportunity to ask your dentist any questions you might have.
- The initial procedure is just the same as it would be if you were to receive dental implants. Once the implant body is securely anchored into the jawbone and the connecting component attached, your chosen dental prosthetic such as a dental crown, bridge or denture can be safely attached.
- Implant supported restorations once completed are often a screw-retained technique so the access aperture present in the dental prosthetic is completely filled by composite resin to achieve the perfect aesthetically pleasing result for you and your smile. We can create an exact match to your tooth colour with the resin, and after polishing, can deliver a virtually invisible closure to your new restoration, thus completing your smile makeover.
- Larger implant supported restorations such as a full arch dental bridges are created on a titanium or non-noble alloy framework, veneered using composite resin and are often screw-retained so that they can be removed if required. In cases such as this, the use of implants to support the restoration is vital as this method can be used to solve even the most complex conditions. One of the prime examples of this technique is the “fixed teeth in a day” (all-on-4 dental implants) procedure. Please note that should a full arch bridge be recommended for you; it may need to be supported by four to six dental implants for each jaw.
- Dental implant prosthetics are very comfortable due to the precise fit we can achieve. Our patient’s personal wellbeing can also benefit due to the excellent aesthetic results delivered in our smile design from a cosmetic dentistry perspective with exact tooth colour, shape and positioning to restore the most naturally looking smile.
Why is Wimpole Street Dental Clinic best for implant supported restorations in London?
Here at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic in central London, we believe we can offer a host of clinical dental care benefits to you, our valued patients if you opt to proceed with the implant supported dental restoration now recommended to you by one of our dental specialists.
We undertake safe and established procedures evidenced by performing over 800 successfully placed and restored high-quality dental implants per year. We deliver our clinically and scientifically proven surgical methods and professional dentistry expertise using the latest technology.
By offering the full range of dental specialisms all here in-house, we can undertake bone grafting (bone augmentation) by one of our oral surgeons in one of our modern operating rooms who can utilise your own bone for the best clinical and biocompatible results possible prior to the start of your implant surgery schedule.
As experts in our field, we seek to provide the solution to even the most complex oral rehabilitation cases and so know that should you experience complete tooth loss or a very real possibility of doing so in the near future, it is possible to opt for “fixed teeth in a day” where we can place implants and anchor a bridge on them within one single day. We appreciate all these choices are ones to take time to consider so at consultation we can decide together on the option which is best for you after a detailed appraisal of the nature of the treatment itself and create for you a cost estimation, should you choose to proceed with this prosthodontic treatment.
We take pride in the fact that our dental clinic has a recognised speciality focus on implantology and implant prosthodontics as certified by the German Society of Implantology (DGI) and have also received certified specialisation from the German Society of Prosthodontics and Biomaterials (DGPro) and the General Dental Council (GDC) This professional acknowledgement means that we place vital importance on the use of long-lasting restorative materials, tested in clinical dentistry trials.
|Implant placement (per implant)||from £2,200|
|Bone graft||from £1,200|
|Simple implant exposure per implant||£400|
|Implant exposure per implant with gingival graft||£1,200|
|Implant Crown (anterior)||£2,100|
|Implant Crown (posterior)||£1,800|
|Full ceramic dental bridge (3 teeth) anterior||£4,800|
|Full ceramic dental bridge (3 teeth) posterior||£3,900|
Recognised as specialists in implantology & implant prosthodontics
We’re delighted to say that our dentists are certified by the German Society of Implantology (DGI) and the German Society of Prosthodontics and Biomaterials (DGPro) in the field of implantology and implant prosthodontics.
We believe in delivering the highest level of care, quality and knowledge to our patients so that they can feel confident they’ve made the right decision choosing Wimpole Street Dental Clinic for protecting and preserving their oral health.