After completion of your treatment with braces, you will naturally want to preserve your beautiful set of straight teeth in future. Retainers prevent your teeth from moving again. You can read up on the exact procedure in our clinic below. We will also gladly provide you with more details in person. We are looking forward to your visit.
What are retainers?
Dental retainers are a custom-made removable or fixed dental appliance or aligner made of clear plastic or metal used in the specialist field of dentistry called orthodontics which we practice here at our clinic in London. They are often the next natural step after braces treatment is complete when the teeth are now straightened in order to preserve the new alignment of the teeth and to guard against potential misalignment in the future. Literally, a retainer is used to retain the shape of the teeth now treated to restore your beautiful smile.
Who is suitable for retainers?
Dental patients who have successfully completed their orthodontic treatment to straighten their teeth with braces usually find the next standard and natural step in their oral health care plan would usually be the use of removable or fixed retainers. Our orthodontist will usually recommend a retainer as part of your dental plan to straighten any teeth.
|What does a retainer cost?|
Vivera retainer per jaw
|Wire retainer per jaw||£700|
High-quality retainers to deliver straighter teeth
Unlike many other dental practices, Wimpole Street Dental Clinic is extremely fortunate and proud to operate our own dental laboratory on-site. This means that we can create the perfect retainer for your mouth, guaranteeing comfort, effectiveness and ultimately, a beautiful smile.
Book an appointment at our central London practice to find our about our removable and fixed retainers.
What happens during the treatment of retainers?
- After initial consultation, we accurately take all the measurements we need for our dental technicians at our in-house dental laboratory to manufacture a custom-made plated appliance often made of plastic with special holding elements attached to it.
- Once the removable retainer is ready to be applied, we will explain exactly how to use it on a daily basis and provide you with all the aftercare information and advice you may need.
- We agree together a schedule of check-ups for you to attend so we can check the fit and monitor how the jawbones and gums stabilise themselves in relation to this new orthodontics device and how it protects the new position of the teeth to prevent significant movement.
NB: Please note that the overall duration of orthodontic treatment with a retainer varies on an individual case basis but we often recommend using a retainer for as long as you used your braces
- After initial consultation, we accurately take all the measurements we need (such as with a teeth impression kit to create a plaster model) for our dental technicians at our in-house dental laboratory to manufacture a custom-made plated appliance for you.
- Fixed teeth stabilisers are attached to the inner sides of the front teeth.
- After a pre-treatment, we attach the wire so it does not exert any pressure.
- We agree together a schedule of check-ups for you to attend so we can check the fit and monitor how the jawbones and gums stabilise themselves in relation to this new fixed retainer and how it protects the new position of the teeth to prevent significant movement.
NB: If the retainers start to exert pressure or to loosen, please book an appointment with us at your earliest opportunity so we can preserve both the form and function of the retainers for you to restore both your comfort and confidence in their daily use.
Why is Wimpole Street Dental Clinic best for retainers in London?
The clinical purpose of a teeth retainer is to protect the new alignment of the teeth once braces are removed upon successful completion of this initial orthodontic treatment. This purpose is best served by a perfect fit which we are delighted to achieve for our patients through the use of our state-of-the-art technology suite and dental laboratory facilities available to us in-house here at our central London dental practice. We pride ourselves on the delivery of premium multi-disciplinary treatments offered by all of the dentist and orthodontist team who are either a registered specialist in their field or hold an in-depth special interest in the treatments they perform.
The specialist field of orthodontics, including the manufacture of your custom-made teeth retainers for teeth straightening, is another area of dental expertise where we excel in our orthodontist team.
We provide an integrated treatment plan for all our patients with routine dental appointments, dental hygiene care and the latest advice on saving teeth, replacing teeth, orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry, resulting in the highest standards of excellence in treatment outcomes using evidence-based dentistry with a person-centred approach.
Custom retainers, made in-house, to guarantee the most comfortable and effective results