What are navigated implants?
The placement of dental implants needs to be highly accurate in order to allow for the implants to be successful and comfortable for the patient. It takes a high level of concentration, planning and practice to master the dental implants process, which is why many dental practices can’t offer this service to their patients.
Navigated implants is the process of placing dental implants by using specialised digital dentistry technology. Navigated implants involves utilising computer navigated surgery to achieve the highest levels of accuracy. Using advanced 3D imaging, our dentists can virtually visualise inside the bone and help guide the dental surgeon to position the dental implant post in the right position, at the optimal angle and depth. This precision computer-aided technology not only helps us deliver the highest quality dental implants but it also heightens the efficiency of the treatment. By using this technology, your dentist is able to complete the treatment quicker without compromising on precision or accuracy.
Furthermore, by utilising this technology at the forefront of digital dentistry, we’re able to record every aspect of your placement allowing for future restorations to be easily reproduced more efficiently.
Navigated implants help our dental technician team produce your new dental implants and place them virtually in the 3D scan of your mouth. This assists our technicians and dentists to establish a final position in the mouth and identify any potential problems even before you come in for surgery. This leads to a better fitting and more efficient procedure.
Who is suitable for navigated implants?
If you’re suitable for dental implants then there’s no reason you wouldn’t be suitable for navigated implants. This advancement in dentistry simply allows patients to receive a high level of precision and efficiency in their treatment, which in turn contributes to an increased success rate for the implants.
Navigated implants are ideal for patients who require extensive dental implantology work and might be missing numerous teeth. By using this digital dentistry technique, your dentist can prepare for the surgery in advance and reduce the amount of time required on the day.
Dental implants are common for patients seeking restoration to teeth that might be missing, damaged or decayed. Book a consultation with one of our dental implantology specialists today and they will be able to explain how the process works and what results you can expect. If you’re a smoker or heavy drinker, we might recommend that such a treatment isn’t suitable for you as such habits can harm the recovery and success rates of the implants. Alternate treatments might be more suitable if you’re unable to give up.
Why choose Wimpole Street Dental Clinic for navigated implants in London?
Dental implant surgery is always a big decision to make and can have life changing results in regards to boosting self-confidence and restoring teeth function if you’ve previously lost teeth. We recognise that it’s not an easy or quick decision to make, but here are a few key reasons why you can trust Wimpole Street Dental Clinic is the right choice for navigated implants.
- Our commitment to the latest innovations in aesthetic dentistry means that we’ve invested in the best digital equipment and training for navigated implants. Not only do we have and use some of the most advanced cutting-edge dental technology in the UK, but we also advise others on how to use it. We regular present lectures, training and write in dental publications about such digital dentistry techniques and research.
- We’re a team of highly experienced and highly trained dental professionals. All of our staff regularly undertake new training to better themselves and the dental care they can provide to our patients. Not only is our team incredibly friendly and amiable but they are also hugely knowledgeable about digital dentistry. As such, Wimpole Street Dental Clinic is one of the few dental practices nationally that offers navigated implants and other digital dentistry techniques as part of its service offering.
- Our recently refurbished dental clinic is based on the prestigious Wimpole Street in the heart of central London. You can easily get to us by car, taxi, bus, bike or London Underground.
Restore your smile using the latest in digital dentistry technology. Book an appointment today.
Wimpole Street Dental Clinic is conveniently located in the centre of London and accessible by car, taxi, bus and London Underground. Our dental practice is amongst one of the most innovative and technologically advanced practices in the country. Our staff are highly trained in using our wide variety of digital technology and we’re experienced in undertaking navigated dental implant procedures.
To find out more about navigated dental implants and what’s involved, please make an appointment with one of our dentists today.
What happens during navigated implant surgery?
- The first step for all of our surgical procedures is to have a consultation with one of our dentists. In this consultation they will ask about your dental history, your oral health and any aspects of your lifestyle that might have an impact on the success of the treatment (e.g. do you smoke). Our dentist will then inspect your mouth and assess the extent of the situation so that they can devise an appropriate dental treatment plan. Once they have explain the recommended course of action and talked you through the procedure, they will book in an appointment for your 3D scan and other diagnostic records.
- On the day of your 3D scan you’ll come to our state-of-the-art dental practice in central London. A 3D cone beam computer tomography (CBCT) X-ray along with digital impressions and digital photographs of your mouth and teeth are taken so that we can begin our preparations for the surgery.
- Using our innovative digital dentistry technology and techniques, we can then merge the CBCT, the digital photographs and impressions in a software program and virtually place the implant into the proper position to obtain the correct measurements, angle and depth required ahead of surgery. This also helps us create a highly precise and comfortable dental implant position for you. Then a computer assisted implant guide is printed.
- On the day of your surgery, you’ll come back to our dental clinic on Wimpole Street (just adjacent to the famous Harley Street) and be greeted by your dentist. They will explain all the steps of the procedure again as well as what you can expect immediately after surgery. When you’re happy to proceed, the implant guide will used to precisely insert the implant in the pre-planned position. Using digital image guidance for the most accurate placement even allows us to have temporary tooth prepared in advance! You can opt to be sedated for the surgery by one of our anaesthetists so as to avoid feeling any pain or discomfort throughout.
- After the surgery, you will be advised on what to do in order to secure the best chances of recovery and success for the implants.
Faster, more precise dental implants at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic