What are implants?
Implants are simply titanium screws replacing the former roots of a tooth. They are precisely placed into the jawbone socket under sterile conditions and using local anaesthesia in a surgical treatment. Once the implant has healed into the bone, as full ceramic final restoration is placed. They are produced using our state-of-the-art technology to deliver a perfect match to the look and feel of your natural teeth. You may need to consider this field of specialist dentistry concerned with replacing teeth if you have a gap in your smile impacting on both your personal comfort and confidence for reasons both practical and aesthetic.
Who is suitable for implants?
Implants are normally a procedure for adults with a fully formed jaw who may have one or more missing teeth. Dental patients in good general and oral health without presenting with extensive tooth decay or gum disease, who are not taking immunosuppressant medications, who are not regularly clenching or grinding teeth and refraining from smoking more than five cigarettes daily are considered at consultation.
Each case presents differently so trust your dentist here at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic to be in the best position to advise if dental implants are suitable for you on this occasion.
Why is Wimpole Street Dental Clinic best for dental implants in London?
The use of dental implants is a specialist field of dentistry called Implantology and forms one of the dental restoration options available to you within Prosthodontics, Periodontics and Oral Surgery. This level of expertise for this dental procedure is one where you need to consult the skills of a certified master of their profession.
- At Wimpole Street Dental Clinic, we have Professor Christian Mehl a specialist prosthodontist certified by the German Society of Prosthodontics (DGPro), The German Society of Implantology (DGI) and the General Dental Council (GDC) and Dr Dragisic a Specialist Oral Surgeon (GDC). Both have decades of experience, publish peer-reviewed publications and lecture regularly.
- We can offer you a choice of dental implants and treatment options including the conventional delayed titanium implants and more modern approaches from zygomatic implants to immediate implants to teeth-in-a-day. Plenty of implants variety for you to choose from in consultation with a member of our team. Rest assured that we have many years of combined dentistry experience and use the very latest technology and methods to achieve our award-winning results.
- Immediate implants, sometimes known as ‘same-day implants’ are where a dental implant is directly placed into the extraction socket of the former tooth. The benefit of same-day implants (or ‘immediate implants’) is that it is a surgical procedure that is more convenient for the patient, meaning that the socket is exposed for a shorter period of time (thereby reducing the risk of infection). Additionally, the placement of same-day implants associated with a temporary keeps the bone and soft tissue in better condition and guarantees a better aesthetical result.
- We are experts and skilled at immediate implant placement and our London clinic is fully equipped with the latest innovative immediate implant technology that allows us to deliver effective, reliable and swift results.
What happens when implants are fitted?
- After consultation, if you agree to receive a dental implant, your dentist will use photos, a 3D X-ray and a digital scan of your teeth to prepare to proceed with our computer-guided implant operation for you.
- Rest assured you will receive an appropriate anaesthesia before the procedure begins.
- We access the bone by way of a small incision so as to place the dental implant into the prepared jaw bone socket. In 99% of our dental implant cases, we use a titanium implant.
- Post-procedure and after a short healing period, the implant is exposed to the oral cavity and another digital impression is taken by your dentist to evaluate the success of the treatment and to prepare for the final restoration.
- Two weeks later, the final restoration is conducted using a crown, bridge or denture as required and the placement is completed. If you want immediate same-day implants, your treatment plan is likely to be slightly different but your dentist will explain in full what is required for immediate implant placement on the same day.
How does a dental implant work?
Illustration of the insertion of an implant
Step 1: Opening of the oral mucosa
Step 2: Drilling and insertion of the implant
Step 3: Exposing the implant to the oral cavity and closing it with a healing cap
Step 4: The implant supported restoration is either cemented or screwed to the artificial root (the implant)
|Prices of Implants in London|
CBCT plus diagnostics, report and implant measurement
|CBCT plus diagnostics, report and implant measurement, drilling template||£800|
|Implant placement (per implant)||FROM £2,000|
|Bone graft||from £800|
|Block graft||from £1,600|
|Sinus tap per implant||£500|
|Sinus lift (lateral)|
|Simple implant exposure per implant||£400|
|Implant exposure per implant with gingival graft||£1,200|
|Implant Crown (anterior)||£2,100|
|Implant Crown (posterior)||£1,800|
|Full ceramic dental bridge (3 teeth) anterior||£4,800|
|Full ceramic dental bridge (3 teeth) posterior||£3,900|
|Per additional tooth||£500|
|Per additional anchor tooth||£750|
|All-on4™ – Fixed teeth in a day (standard version)|
|All-on4 ™ – Fixed teeth in a day (premium version)||£ 18,000|
|Extra Implants for the all-on-4 procedure – per implant||£ 2,000|
|Zygoma implant supported fixed teeth in a day||£ 25,000|
Wimpole Street Dental Clinic are specialists in implantology
Dental implants are a popular choice for patients looking to restore and improve their smile. We have decades of combined experience in implantology as well as all the latest and most innovative technology and techniques to help deliver the best results.
We offer a wide variety of implants to suit every patient’s needs, budget and circumstances, even if you’re looking for same-day implants, our team can help.
Natural looking implants made with the highest quality materials