Root Canal Treatment
Saving a decaying tooth doesn’t have to be intimidating. Thankfully, the experienced professionals at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic in London can provide the utmost quality of care to conserve your smile.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
As dental patients we all understand what it means to experience severe toothache and not always understand the reason why. Root canal pain can be caused by the inflammation or damage to the root of the tooth that ultimately leads to infection of the tooth and pulp. As our clinical priority at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic is on saving teeth wherever possible, root canal treatment presents an effective and virtually pain-free but necessary opportunity to do this.
The root canal pain and/or discomfort you may be experiencing can cause a ringing, piercing pain in the tooth or perhaps a dull, pulsating sensation. It is prudent for us to act fast to cleanse and disinfect the root canal and surrounding gums of any bacteria, fill and seal the area in order to strengthen the tooth and restore you and your teeth to the comfort and confidence of your natural smile as soon as possible.
Many patients are able to get back to normal straight away though they may experience some slight sensitivity following endodontic treatment.
Who is suitable for Root Canal?
At Wimpole Street Dental Clinic, when you attend your appointment, we conduct an initial consultation with you to identify the tooth affected, discover the extent of the proposed root canal treatment required and its potential complexity and so guide our optimal choice of dental care plan for you.
If there is a good chance of saving the tooth and the patient’s oral health is otherwise in good condition, we may recommend a course of endodontic treatment such as root canal.
|Root canal treatment fees|
|Emergency root canal treatment||£250|
|Front tooth retreatment||£800|
Are you ready to restore your smile?
We know that no patient looks forward to root canal treatment, so our dental team always work hard to deliver the highest quality care.
Treatment for root canal differs in cost from £95 up to £1,400. Costs depend on patient circumstances and oral health. Every one of our patients receives a bespoke personal treatment plan from our specialist team.
What happens during Root Canal Treatment?
Remember that once root canal treatment begins you will receive a local anaesthetic to numb the infected tooth and surrounding gums ensuring you experience a virtually pain-free appointment with us. In terms of pain after root canal, dental patients may only experience minor sensitivity to the tooth in question for a few days afterwards.
Here at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic, we can offer our dental patients video glasses so you can relax by watching a film or television show of your choice as we conduct this procedure for you. Root canal treatment can often be completed in just one visit to us so do not hesitate to book this kind of appointment designed to safeguard your smile and your health.
The root canal treatment process at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic in London:
- Our state-of-the-art 2D and 3D X-ray technology (CBCT) diagnoses complex root canals as we view the issue in precise detail creating the optimal dental care plan for you.
- Your nerve canals and pulp are cleaned and disinfected mechanically and chemically to kill existing bacteria and remove tissue remnants which could cause inflammation.
- We close your root canal with a thick root filling to ensure bacteria is sealed out.
- Your root canal back tooth is sealed with crowns and partial crowns to prevent fracture or potential re-infection.
- Your root canal front tooth is either sealed with fillings, crowns and partial crowns.
How does Root Canal Treatment work?
Procedure of a root canal treatment in pictures
When a tooth nerve dies due to trauma (decay, impact, grinding, etc.), inflammation occurs at the root tip of the tooth, which can have an impact on overall health. It is then important to clean the tooth and disinfect the root canals all the way to the tip. Here you can see a four-canal lower posterior tooth with cleaned canals.
The cleaned canals are sealed with a cement and rubber-like pins.
The tooth is then given a filling to stabilise it again. To achieve long-term stability, restoring the tooth with an all-ceramic partial crown or crown is suitable.
Here is the exemplary X-ray image of a root canal-filled tooth. The rubber tips ideally reach the end of the tooth root.
Wimpole Street Dental Clinic has bests Endodontists in London
Whenever you need to take care of your smile – in an emergency, during routine care or when booking cosmetic dentistry – you naturally seek a qualified, skilled and experienced dental professional whom you can trust to deliver the premium dental care you expect at every appointment.
We would like you to consider placing your trust in Wimpole Street Dental Clinic because:
- We are internationally renowned within the dental profession
- We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based dentistry with a person-centred approach
- We use a microscope or other magnifying equipment to ensure world class results
- We offer a new standard in modern specialist dentistry in our clinical methodology – leveraging the optimal combination of the finest handcraft, digital computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) technology to deliver excellence in both patient care and dental treatment success
- We perform all root canal treatments in accordance with the guidelines of the German and British Society of Endodontics here at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic in London.
Rest assured, you’re in safe hands with our root canal specialists