Dental Crowns are used to restore, repair and strengthen extensively damaged teeth. We only use full ceramic crowns, enabling us to copy your natural tooth’s best features. All our crowns are made by master dental technicians, with the result that your restored tooth will be indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
What are dental crowns?
Modern dental crowns are full ceramic crowns designed to restore your smile in the event of extensive damage to the teeth. In short, a dental crown is essentially a tooth-shaped cap to protect, strengthen and conceal a damaged tooth. A crown is a restoration treatment to remedy broken teeth that might be decayed, chipped, fractured, contain large fillings, after a root canal filling or even for teeth requiring aesthetic re-contouring.
Crowns are most common with patients that are either self-conscious about their damaged tooth and want to restore their smile so their teeth don’t appear discoloured. Alternatively, crowns may be recommended by our dental team as a method to stabilise and protect a broken tooth or prevent further damage.
Permanent crowns are installed as a restorative procedure and are expected to last 20 years and more. A temporary crown is a crown that is placed with the job of protecting a broken or exposed tooth or root/root canal for a short period of time. For example, a temporary crown is usually fitted after a root canal treatment after the tooth nerve is removed and cleaned.
Trust our award-winning private London dentists to create the bespoke and modern high-performance ceramics you can rely on for both the mouth comfort and personal confidence you are looking to achieve.
Who is suitable for dental crowns?
A variety of situations arise where, after consultation, your dentist may consider you present as a suitable candidate for dental crowns.
You could have damage resulting in profound weakness in the tooth where cracking may appear destabilising it or if the tooth is already broken or worn down.
You may need a dental crown if your tooth has been filled many times and so requires more support to preserve it or you may be unhappy with the appearance of a tooth in terms of colour and shape or you seek to cover a dental implant already fitted.
|What does a dental crown cost?|
single inlay £1,500, multiple from £1,200
single onlay £1,600, multiple from £1,200
|Veneer||single veneer £1,500, multiple from £1,200|
single crown £1,600, multiple from £1,200
|Implant Crown (anterior)||£2,100|
|Implant Crown (posterior)||£1,800|
|Post and core||£400|
|Dental crown recement||£150|
|Review after placement||£100|
Protect your smile with long-lasting crowns
Achieve a beautiful natural looking smile with dental crowns at Wimpole Street Dental Clinic. Costs depend on the length of treatment and type of crown required. We always advise a full consultation with our dentists in London so they can explain the advantages of different crowns and treatments.
The following dental costs are indicative of various crown treatments. For more information please make an appointment by booking online or calling us today.
What happens during dental crown preparation?
- Your dentist offers you an initial consultation. If after consultation, you decide with your dentist to proceed with a dental crown then we prepare the natural tooth to be able to fit the crown accurately.
- We create a digital impression of your tooth for our master dental technician in our dental laboratory in London or Munich to produce the crown in the ceramic material adjusting for the exact colour of your natural teeth to deliver the perfect match in both functionality and aesthetics for you.
- As we prepare your crown, we fit a temporary crown for you on the affected tooth.
- When the crown is ready, we clean the affected tooth, fitting the crown to it seamlessly with adhesive dental cement.
- Post-treatment, we recommend our patients schedule routine appointments with us to include an assessment of the stability of their dental crowns now fitted.
Why is Wimpole Street Dental Clinic best for dental crowns in London?
Protecting and restoring your smile doesn’t just have dental health benefits but it can also restore self-confidence and help patients feel less self-conscious about their appearance. Wimpole Street Dental Clinic is the perfect choice for patients considering a dental crown for a number of reasons:
- Our recently refurbished clinic is conveniently located in the heart of central London on the prestigious Wimpole Street.
- We utilise the very latest state-of-the-art technology to help visualise and plan our dental treatments. Using the most effective and innovative dental techniques we’re able to provide our patients with reliable, aesthetically pleasing results consistently.
- Our team have decades of combined experience, craft and expertise in general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. We are regularly invited to educate our colleagues and students on the lecture circuit worldwide and have won numerous dentistry awards.
- Specifically for dental crowns, we design the full ceramic crowns we use ourselves in our own dental laboratory giving us complete control over both the product and service we can offer. You can rest assured that we know every component in the dental crown and that your crown has been custom made to the highest standard by our team.
A cracked and failing crown on a natural tooth.
The crown was removed and due to an infection it was decided to remove the tooth and place an implant supported crown.
The final crown placed on the implant.
The X-ray shows perfect bone and a tight sitting implant crown.
The situation eight years later. The implant treatment was so successful that even the gum continued to grow and now the implant crown appears to be longer than the natural tooth.
Restore and protect your smile today with a dental crown