Immediate Implant Placement
What are immediate implants?
We know that something as visible as a dead or missing tooth in your smile can cause a loss in self-confidence and make every day tasks like eating feel uncomfortable. Traditional dental implants are a great option for patients in such a situation as we can restore their smile with implants that have the same look, durability and strength as natural teeth. Typically, an implant is fitted when a small titanium screw is inserted into the socket of the jawbone in order to act as a new root. Restorative teeth are then screwed into place to take the same role and position as the old tooth that was previously there.
Usually this treatment requires some downtime and recovery in between surgeries. The tooth or teeth are extracted and the implants are put in place. However, a period of at least 6 weeks is typically required to allow the implant to properly fuse to the jawbone and to heal before the new teeth can be fitted on the jaw.
Immediate implants differ from the traditional implant because they don’t require this 6 week period for recovery and healing. Immediate implants can be immediately placed into the socket on the same day as the extraction. It is for this reason that immediate implants are sometimes called ‘same-day implants‘ and are designed to permanently restore and replace teeth.
The benefits of this surgical procedure are that the dental implants have the placement into the jaw bone on the same day as the extraction and the placement of the new temporary restoration can also take place on the same day. Same-day implants are preferable for patients who don’t want to have to wait, wish to have the convenience of a faster surgical procedure and want treatment that delivers natural looking teeth. Additionally, all evidence point to the delivery of superior aesthetic results due to the clinical team being able to maintain the bone and gums in better condition during the procedure.
Who is suitable for immediate implants?
Immediate implants are usually placed on patients that have suffered some level of dental trauma or damage to their teeth, or have perhaps lost healthy teeth through disease, decay or simple wear and tear. Most people are suitable for immediate implants though there are a few exceptions.
Patients who smoke or drink heavily are likely to be advised not to proceed with immediate implants, or potentially any dental implants of any kind. Immediate implant placement is a surgical procedure that requires the affected treatment area to be healthy and in good hygiene. Excessive smoking or drinking might mean that the area is currently not safe for treatment. Furthermore, continued smoking or heavy drinking following immediate implant placement may harm the recovery process. If the area does not heal properly, then the implants may fail.
Other patients with dental health conditions or poor oral hygiene might not be suitable for immediate implants for the same reasons. The best way to check if you’re suitable for immediate implants is to attend a consultation with our dentists. They will be able to assess your oral health history, hygiene and identify if there’s any potential reasons why you’re not suitable. It may also be that they recommend alternate dental treatments that can achieve the same results via less invasive methods e.g. dentures.
|Prices of immediate implants|
|ALL-ON4™ – FIXED TEETH IN A DAY (STANDARD VERSION)||£15,000|
|ALL-ON4 ™ – FIXED TEETH IN A DAY (PREMIUM VERSION)||£18,000|
|EXTRA IMPLANTS FOR THE ALL-ON-4 PROCEDURE – PER IMPLANT||£2,000|
|ZYGOMA IMPLANT SUPPORTED FIXED TEETH IN A DAY||£25,000|
Restore your smile in a day. Book an appointment now.
Our modern dental practice just down the road from Harley Street is fast becoming the home of cosmetic dentistry in London. We offer All-on-4 dental implants to patients who are deemed suitable by our dentists at initial consultation stage. All-on-4 patients can restore their smile with a same-day procedure that leaves them natural looking teeth that are comfortable, durable and beautiful.
Make an appointment to come visit our clinic on Wimpole Street today and find out more about All-on-4 dental implants and how they can restore your smile.
What happens during immediate implant surgery?
- All of our dental procedures start with a consultation with a dentist. Your dentist will ask you a few questions about your health, oral history and hygiene routine. They will then inspect your mouth and look for any potential issues that restrict your eligibility for immediate implant surgery. If you are suitable, your dentist will then talk you through the advantages and disadvantages of the treatment and what you can expect to happen.
- If you’re happy to proceed, you will be given an appointment to complete the diagnostic records (3D X-ray, digital photographs and impressions, taking of the colour of your teeth)
- You’ll book another appointment for the immediate implant placement at our London clinic.
- On the day of surgery you can opt to receive sedation to help make the procedure more relaxed. Our in-house sedationist will explain what you can expect and will then sedate you.
- Before the implant can be fitted, you might require a tooth extraction to remove any dead or partial tooth material that is still in place. The socket will be cleaned and drilled to make way for the installation of the dental implant on the same day.
- The dental implant is then implanted carefully and computer guided by your dentist and then the restorative teeth are screwed into place. Your new implant supported restoration will be chosen to match the colour of your surrounding teeth to give your smile a natural finish.
- When the surgery is complete and your implants are in place, your dentist will inform you of post-surgery aftercare advice that you should follow in order to give your implants the best chance of success. You might feel a little discomfort and swelling in the first few days but this should subside.
Why is Wimpole Street Dental Clinic best for immediate implants in London?
We appreciate that the prospect of dental implants can be a nervous and anxious process for many of our patients. However, the treatment can help restore not just your smile but also your self-confidence. We believe that Wimpole Street Dental Clinic is one of the finest clinics for immediate implant placements in London and the UK for the following reasons:
- Our dental implantology team have decades of combined experience and are skilled in their craft. Our dentists regularly present lectures all over the world and publish international peer-reviewed scientific papers on innovative dental procedures like immediate implants. Additionally, our dentists also share their dental knowledge with the next generation of dentists by regularly leading training and courses in academic institutions across Europe.
- Our implant clinic is based at our premises on the prestigious Wimpole Street in central London. Conveniently located, our practice is easily accessible by car, taxi, bus and London Underground. We recently refurbished our dental practice in 2021 and have invested in obtaining the very best technology to help improve performance and clinic standards for our patients.
- We’re no strangers to immediate implants with our team having fitted thousands of dental implants in their careers. You can rest assured that we’re always on hand to answer any questions or concerns about your implant pre and post surgery.
Same day teeth (All-on-4 dental implants) in central London