This month our team undertook an extensive three-hour training course, including practical training and learning how to use life-saving medication in emergency scenarios.
The session included:
- Identifying signs and symptoms of medical emergencies
- Managing common medical emergencies
- Understanding DRSABCD (Danger, Response, Send, Airway, Breathing, CPR, Defibrillation)
- How to provide CPR to adults, children, and infants
- How and when to provide Oxygen in medical emergencies
- How and when to use an AED
- How and when to administer dental emergency medication
The training session was conducted by Smart Dental Compliance – industry leaders in the field of dental compliance services. Prof Christian Mehl said,
“The training session is another example of our commitment to ensure that our team is always learning and staying up to date with the latest techniques and information to provide the highest quality of patient care.
It’s always worthwhile to refresh our memory about what to do in a medical emergency and the team at Smart Dental Compliance taught us several new methods and techniques that could potentially save lives in the future.
We’re always striving to achieve excellence in all aspects of our dental practice, so it was vital to make sure that everybody in our team knows what to do in the unfortunate event that a patient requires emergency medical assistance.”